Sunday, July 18, 2010

Gangsters and Romance



Number 13
I’m back to normal today, I went to church. I always feel pretty good after church. Today’s subject was an “unstoppable life.” How Jesus was at the beginning and will be at the end. You may have had a dream to get marry, start a business or anything and it did not work out. Let it go and move on. You may not realize it, but don’t give up, talk about the future and commit to it. Just don’t give the hell up!!! You know what your dream is. You want that guy to marry you? Either tell him or step aside and find the one who will marry you and be sincere with you as well as love you, only YOU!. You want to write that book? Stop complaining and do it. Write something, anything, every single day. You can’t stand your job? Keep looking and keep applying until you get. Do something every day. Do something!!! Don’t give the hell up.!

I’m not. For so many years I lived for my kid. That was my job. Ensuring my kid was given every opportunity with love, support and spiritual guidance. I was not going to let my kid stay in the “Ghetto” mentality and live as did. I grew up in a poor neighborhood, but my grandmother, who was 5 feet tall, could kick my ass from here to Heaven and if she had her sister with her, Aunt Precious, my ass was slimed and primed. My daughter got the same treatment. You stay on the path expected of you and since I gave birth to you, “Your ass is mine.” In other words, “I own you.” Not your friends, teachers, coaches, etc. “I own you, hair lock, feet, teeth (Don’t get me started on how much those Damn!!! Teeth cost me!!!). Now, I did not get all “Ghetto Mess” on her, but I kept her life and my life in line. I was not going to take the time solving bullshit problems which could be avoided. Even when her dad and I divorced, it took me a while to figure out that, “we” are divorced from either other, not the child. “We” are responsible for this child. Not friends, our parents, chums, or anyone else. I took the first step and said to him, “OK, we are no longer together, no problem, I will survive.” But, you are part of this group and you will help raise this child. You don’t have money to pay for child support? “Fine, I will figure it out.” But, you will see your child on a regular basis. You will know your child from the top of her head to the bottom of her feet. If I have to get a part time job or play hooker for money, I will.” Your child will have a father and mother. Folks, it worked. It wasn’t the easiest, but it work.

Ok, Ok, I will now stop the long-winded talking and get to books on Kindle.

DONALD GOINES
BLACK GANGSTER - $5.59
DADDY COOL: A NOVEL (OLD SCHOOL BOOKS) - $5.59
CRY REVENGE - $5.59
DEATH LIST - $6.39
The original ghetto writer. A man who lived life as a pimp, created the original “Prince” from the movie Super Fly. Owned and operated liquor stores and big time dope dealer. He wrote about 30 books on his life while in jail. It may not be your thing to read gang banger stuff, but his stories of life in the ghetto is not much different from the stories of today. He knew how to tell a story with grind and vivid details. You are going to read more. It is a shame that some of his works are not as popular as other urban books. Only four are on the Kindle. The others you will find available at your local library.

KEITH LEE JOHNSON
SUGAR & SPICE - $12.99
PRETENSES - $14.99 (Almost as much as a real book, Wow!)
LITTLE GIRL LOST: THE RETUN OF JOHNNIE WISE - $3.99
Here’s a review Ms. Ellie, a member of Amazon – “No 'pity party' for Ms Johnnie. She was forced to 'sink or swim' and learned quickly how increased knowledge builds wealth. Her desire for love nearly leads to her downfall however, she recovers quite well. There is much to be learned from this young soul. Book 2 may require me to take notes.”

Keith Lee Johnson is also the writer of “The Honeymoon is Over,” “Fate’s Redemption,” “Hell Has No Fury,” and Little Black Girl Lost 1 thru 5. A former Air Force man, he writes in several genres including, suspense/thrillers, drama, and contemporary fiction. Visit his website - http://www.keithleejohnson.com.

TWEET (I’m not kidding – That’s the author’s name)
LOVE IS THE DRUG: AN URBAN LOVE STORY BY TWEET - $7.99

ALIYAH BURKE
A LITTLE WHITE LIE - $1.59
Tahnee Madison lies about who she is. She’s caught in it and falls in love with a white man she did not expect.

MARIE ROCHELLE
LUCKY CHARMS - $2.00
SOMETHING PUMPING - $1.42
TYCOON SERIES: DANGEROUS BET: TROY’S REVENGE - $1.42
BOSS MANN - $1.42 (I do like the title, whatever!)
From the two books I have read, these are romance stories of black women and white men (Now, don’t go on and pitch a fit), You know good and damn well it may come to that. Not because there are not enough good black men, of course there are, but aren’t not enough MEN. Period! You know these books are not bad. Pretty good love stories, especially when the cost is less than $3.00. I got to see if my friend Carolyn have every heard of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment