Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Black Kindle - Top 100 African American Books of 2011

NUMBER 105 
I’m back to work, both jobs, and back to reporting how silly, stupid, crazy, psycho people were in 2011 and continue to be in 2012.  That’s OK, it just gives me more fuddles to report.  Friends who found a man, at least they think he is until he screws up according to them.  Men friends who found a nice woman, at least they think she is until the real woman/nut comes out.  Co-workers who did not get a raise, the federal government ones and co-workers who did get a small raise, but it’s not enough.  There are those who received great, thoughtful, beautiful and very nice Christmas gifts.  Then there are others, who did not get a thing and probably did not deserve it any old way, the jack-asses.  You know who those people are.  The nuts running for President, reality TV show wannabe talents, those folks scare me sometimes.  I think there are serious underground serial killers, but who am I to say, I’m just as crazy as the next girl/guy/transgender/bi/whatever person.  Let’s get to what I know, read, feel, breath every single day of my life: BOOKS!!! 
Oh, I forgot, let me give you an update on “The Christmas Fiasco party/function/whatever” crew. One of them was fired when I returned to work.  I heard from various sources that she did not follow procedures in updating data.  She was out too much.  She was going to be downgraded (How in the hell do you downgrade someone from a minimum wage paying job?  What you cut their hourly salary by 5 or 10 cents?  Give me a damn break).  Now this one is good, the head of the company wanted the second girl who was hired in July from New York.  Now the girl from New York is good, I will give her props, but the other girl has been there four years.  You see what I mean.  People were insane in 2011 and now the insanity has gotten worse.  Crazy ass bankrupt nuts!
For the next ten days, I’m giving you the BEST 100 AFRICAN AMERICAN BOOKS ON THE PLANET for 2011.  Yeah, I can do it since I probably read more than the average nerdy booknerd.  Go get your Kindle Fire, Nook, or some other e-reader device and get ready!!!!.  So tell your friends about my blog.  Have them subscribe, it’s only a dollar a month and take a journey.  You won’t regret it!!!


Number
in Top 100
Order
(Breakdown 
groups of 25)
AUTHOR
NAME OF BOOK
PRICE
SYNOPSIS
LINK TO BUY 
THE BOOK
1
Carl Weber
The Choir Director (2011)
$ 8.99
Lord, have mercy on my soul!!
2
E. Lynn Harris
Invisible Life
$ 10.21

3
Carl Weber
Torn Between Two Lovers (2010)
$ 7.64
Out of the closet, but damn!
4
Kimberla Lawson Roby
Be Careful What You Pray For
$ 9.99
Reverend Curtis Black’s daughter
5
James W. Lewis
Sellout
$ 2.99
Interracial dating with a spin
6
Kimberla Lawson Roby
The Best of Everything
$ 9.99
Reverend Curtis Black’s daughter
7
Terry McMillian
Mama
$ 10.24

8
K'Wan  
Section 8: A Hood Rat Novel
$ 9.99

9
Allison Hobbs
Stealing Candy
$ 7.99

10
Pat G'Orge-Walker
Don't Blame the Devil
$ 1.99

11
Kole Black
The Chance she took
$ 9.99

12
W. E. B. Dubois
The Souls of Black Folk
FREE

13
Moses Miller
The Trifling times of Nathan Jones
$ 9.99

14
Tina Brooks McKiney
Snapped
$ 7.69

15
Dorothy West
The Wedding: A Novel
$ 9.99
It’s considered a classic
16
Brenda Jackson
All of the Westmoreland Men Books 1-5
$ 9.32
I need a Westmoreland man, now!
17
Ashley & Jaquavis
Dirty Money
$ 6.99
FIrst love in the hood!
18
Pamela Samuels-Young
Murder on the down low
$ 5.99
“John Grisham, eat your heart out!!
19
Gloria Naylor
Linden Hills
$ 10.24

20
Brian W. Smith
Mama's lies-Daddy's pain
$ 4.99

21
Rickey Teems ii
Regression
$ 2.99

22
Daniel Black
Perfect Peace
$ 9.99
You would not believe it if I told you
23
Tayari Jones
Silver Sparrow
$ 8.83

24
David Weaver
Bankroll Squad
99 Cents

25
Victoria Christopher Murray
The Deal, the Dance, and The Devil
$ 9.99
How much $ would you take for love!

No comments:

Post a Comment