Monday, December 5, 2011

It's beginning to look at lot like Christmas!! - Well, maybe!

NUMBER 100
I made it to 100.  I'm so proud of myself.  I did not think I could do it, but I did it and I want to thank all of you for helping me get there.  No my goal is 1,000.  Oh, I will do it, you just watch!!

You cannot tell me that this year people were not “tripping” as much as last year.  It’s gotten worse.  We got women and men killing each other over bullshit.  We got kids being hurt and abused and no one is telling until it’s damn near too late.  We got folks looking for a job, any job, and folks looking for that dream job, which no longer exist.  I work with people who come to work to just socialize, talk on Face book and Twitter, have lunch then come back and “eat” lunch at their desk.  Or they just complain all day about how they have not moved up in the world and everyone else they trained have.  
OK, it’s not working for you.  It has been a bad year.  No money, or not enough, friends still looking for a job and you trying to better yourself and find a better paying job.  I know how you are trying (at least the ones who are really trying).  I know it’s so hard and tough right now and being that it’s Christmas, it brings out the worse and best in people.  You or someone you know may not have enough money/food/time to give their own families everything they want to give.  I know it’s hard, but for God’s sake, don’t give up hope.  Keep your faith.  Keep your positive attitude.  Keep writing your story.  Keep buying books by and about us.  I believe in you!! (You are and/or have subscribed to my blog, so you must be special!!).  Please believe in yourself.  Please.
As promised - 99 Cents books
NONA WESLEY - A LITTLE LESS CONVERSATION (INTERRACIAL ROMANCE) - $ 99 Cents - - - From my searching and searching on the web (there are times I find some crazy ass things), I found that she writes lots of interracial books, so here’s a recap of this one and a listing of the others.  As I’ve told many women, “Do you want a color or do you want a good man.”  
When her company hosts a Hollywood-themed party, Viola Howard dresses as her favorite actress. Problem is, nobody seems to know who that is. Just as she's about to give up on a good time, along comes Elvis,  actually Vi's secret crush Jim Byers, who guesses correctly and shows her exactly who is King. Don’t men always think they are Kings?  Well, some actually are.  Once the party's over, however, can Vi and Jim go back to a working relationship, or will Jim ask Vi to love him tender?  Elvis is dead!! Let it go people, let it go!
You know what’s weird, I never knew it was that many erotic and right down nude book covers out there.  Ding Dong, if I see one more half naked but in my face, I’m going to scream!!!
AHMAD WILLIAMS - STOP TAKING ALL THE COVERS - - 99 Cents - - - This series of short stories is for those that are searching for, or are now in, meaningful relationships. The ironic thing about being in a meaningful relationship, is that most of the disagreements couples have are over trivial matters! This work is a compilation of experiences communicated to me by couples that I have ministered to, as well as gracious people that I have had the opportunity to speak with over the years. I am certain that many of the stories and anecdotes you read in this book will prove to be ones that you may very well relate to. You will read about everything from issues arising from not putting the toilet seat down to one partner not wanting to be intimate on the same night as the other. I encourage you to sit back and enjoy this humorous work, written with love, to those who have had good times and bad with their partner. If your relationship is on the rocks, consider trying to patch things up, because chances are, if you move on you will just meet someone else with habits that get under your skin.
JADA TEMPLE - A HOE IS A GARDEN TOO! - - 99 Cents - - - I don’t think I need to tell you what this book is about, young, stupid and pimping.  But, hey, it’s short and cost one dollar.
Well, my e-mail friend contacted me and here are his books.  Of course I brought them and will drum it down your “reading mind” to buy it too.  Got to get the world out.
ALAN CRAMER - BOURGEOIS (AKA) BOOJEE (DETECTIVE HONEY SINCLAIR) - - 99 Cents - - - She’s back!!! Detective Honey Sinclair is back. A prominent doctor has been killed in an apparent home invasion, but Honey’s street instincts tell her there’s more to the story than what’s being told. The only witness to the crime is the doctor’s beautiful wife.  Doniece Mowbe wants out of her marriage. But since her husband made her sign a prenuptial, there’s only one way to get rid of the man and keep the money. She plans the perfect murder. And the only cop who suspects she did it is on the verge of being fired.  


Now I know why I like this guy.  I love mysteries.  
ALAN CRAMER - CHRISTMAS IN THE HOOD - - 99 Cents - - - It's Christmas. Brandy and Kyle's relationship is strained because they don't have, during a time when its all about giving.  This story is an Urban Fiction remix of The Gift of The Magi.
K’WAN - THE LEAK - Free (I said it, FREE!!) - - - The Leak is a complimentary short prequel story that leads into K’wan’s hit novel, Welfare Wifeys.
JAMES PATTERSON - KILL ALEX CROSS - FREE PREVIEW: THE FIRST 27 CHAPTERS - Free - - - You might as well get this book since Tyler Perry will be playing Alex Cross next year.  Personally, I want Idris Elba from “Luther” or Michael Ealy from “For Colored Girls,” he played the Vietnam vet and in the movie Takers.  They just look damn good and to play a character who grew up around the hood in DC, they would fit.  Of course Tyler, could probably pull it off.  We will see in 2012 and he is also playing in “Good Deads” with Thandie Newton, Gabrielle Union and Phylicia Rashad.  The movie trailer states, “Right before his wedding, an affluent man (Perry) develops complicating feelings for a single mom.”  We will see. 
BLAKE KARRINGTON - TRAPSTAR - - 99 Cents - - - Brianna Cambell had a tough road to travel growing up in a household where she was unwanted. A constant reminder of her mother’s indiscretions, Brianna is unwilling to continue to be the target of her step father’s anger. She leaves her suburban life style for the streets of Charlotte NC. In true Charlotte faith Brianna is linked up with Treshawn Nash, a local hustler. Tre has lived the alternate life; raised by his grandmother who showered him with love in the midst of violence, drugs, and poverty. The two are made for each other. Brianna provides the genuineness and innocence Tre has longed for. While he gives Bri the unconditional love she desperately needs. However, when tragedy strikes their world is turned up side down.
Got to stick on one for Black History Year.  
This woman knows how to write romance without the slutty, Toys R Us sex romp. Just plain old fashioned romance.  Come on, you know there are times you just want to read and be romantic.  OK, even I had to take a few steps back on that line!!  Her books are just good, damn good!!
BRENDA JACKSON - SPONTANEOUS (HARLEQUIN BLAZE) - 86 cents (strange number if you ask me) - - Kimani Cannon knows she's in trouble the second she lays eyes on 6'4" of luscious male. The best kind of trouble, too...mm-mmm! Duan Jeffries turns out to be the perfect man (that’s in my dreams too!!), charming, considerate and the best lover she's ever had. Too bad Mr. Delicious is just a one-night stand.  (Yeah, too bad, sure, why not!!!)  
Until Kim needs a date to her mother's (fifth) wedding! Duan's willing to act the part of her fiance as long as it means full benefits. More amazing sex? No problem!
Then Kim finds out that Duan's got his own private agenda. Suddenly, she doesn't know what to believe. Her head and heart are telling her to be careful. But the sensual thrumming in her blood is turning out to be much more persuasive.  

No comments:

Post a Comment