Sunday, September 12, 2010

Drama Baby!!



Number 24

It’s Monday, so how’s your day so far. Mine, pretty good. I got in early and did my work and left on time. There are days when you got to say, “forget it, I’m outta here.” I want to go home and read, walk my dog, eat dinner and have a nice pleasant evening. I’m so glad I don’t have drama in my house. I hear so many stories from my friends and their friends about the insane, fanatical and sick as a dog drama. Hey, I got a lulu for you.

About the early 80s, my girlfriend was getting married to a guy I knew in my heart was no good. Yes, I told her my opinion, I didn’t give a damn if she liked it or not and even if she thought I was jealous, the boy was crap from A to Z. He was good looking like Kodjoe Boris, who knew he was good looking and flaunted it all of the ding dong time. She actually wondered for a while why he wanted to marry her. She thought she was not good enough for him. Stupid, Stupid, I said. You are good looking inside and out, he’s the piece of crap from the dodo from a dog.

Let’s get back to the story, I’m rambling. The wedding was in one month and Mr. Kodjoe had to take a trip to California for business. What business, he worked for a furniture store. Who in the hell need to take a business trip when you don’t own the business nor have any stock in it. What a bunch of bullyrag. Weeks went by and he did not call her. She called and left messages after messages. My instincts told me something was up, but I could not convince her. She decides to surprise him. Now you know at this point in the story how many times have you read this scripture over and over again? Dragged me with her to the airport and like a fool I went.

We get to the hotel and there’s a wedding. We peek in to take a look at the decorations and such. Very beautiful red and white color settings. Well, we step into the bathroom before going up stairs and while she and I are in the stall, we hear some woman talking about the groom. To me, it sounded like Mr. Kodjoe, but I just though I was tripping. We go to his room and Lord and Behold, the man from the conversation in the bathroom, the groom, is Mr. Kodjoe and he is in bed with one of the women we saw in the bathroom. Not the bride, but her friend. My girlfriend was pissed. Me, I was in heaven (no, no, I did not tell her nor throw it in her face), she was hurt beyond hurt. We go to another hotel and figure we stay the night and fly back to DC in the morning, but no, she’s got an ideal and I’m in trouble. That crazy woman called Mr.Kodjoe and told him she wanted to come back and talk to him. I stayed down stairs of the lobby until she called for me. I figure she was going to cuss him out and slap him good. She goes to bed with him and while he was asleep, tied him up and poured honey all over his body. You are probably thinking, they are going to get their groove on again, but no, she leaves the room.
We are now on the plane and she finally tells me, after I fussed at her, that she left a jar of bees, yes Bees in the room. When he wakes up and tries to move, the bees sting his ass up and down California. I told that child, after I laughed my eyes out, that she could get into some real trouble with the police, but it was still funny.

He did show up a few weeks later back in DC. No scars that I could see, but he was dumped by the woman he was to marry and my girlfriend did not go back with him. We found out later that the maid at the hotel had called the police and told them as well as the finance who and what happen. The bride came to her senses after her girl friends told her about us that the fool was marrying two women at the same time. One on the East coast and one on the West coast. Now, that’s drama.

Here’s some more drama for yah!!!

LENA MATTHEWS and MAGGIE CASPER
FRIENDS WITH BENEFITS - $8.93


LISA RILEY
AT LAST (LOVE SPECTRUM ROMANCE) - $6.99 - - - Here’s another black/white romance book, with a little drama.

MARY B. MORRISON
DARIUS JONES - $8.97 - - - Quote from Amazon – “Darius Henry Jones is an NBA star and heart target for Ashlee, the vengeful mother of his son, DJ. Ashlee wants custody and Darius's fiancée, Fancy Taylor, out of the picture. Then again, so does Darius's mom's new personal assistant, the bad news Bambi Bartholemew, who remembers Darius from school, even if Darius doesn't. Between Bambi and Ashlee, there's a flood of backstabbing, drama, and felonies. Meanwhile, Grant Hill, Darius's mother's fiancé, gets caught up in his own romantic snafus when he tries to snag former super madam Honey Thomas. There's not a dull moment in this shamelessly flamboyant romp that Morrison's many fans are sure to devour.”


MISS KP
THE DIRTY DIVORCE - $9.69

TERESA D. PATTERSON
PROJECT QUEEN - $5.99

SHERYLYNNE L. ROCHESTER
ALTERED DESTINY: A HUSTLER’S CHOICE - $1.49


ALLISON HOBBS
A BONA FIDE GOLD DIGGER - $7.99


LENA MATTHEWS
THE BETTER TO EAT YOU WITH: URBAN FAIRYTALES BOOK 2 0 $3.60


SHELLI QUINN
RISKY GAMBLE - $4.00

3 comments:

  1. WE BELONG TOGETHER By Barbara Grovner~ A murder mystery with a twist. ~ $4.00

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAVE YOU SEEN HER? by Chicki Brown - Contemporary romance - $2.99

    Marcia Hadley, Santa Barbara, California socialite has been married for seven years to the heir of a family fortune. He sees to it that she has the finest home, cars and clothes. Yet that isn’t enough to keep Marcia from running.

    Dani Reynolds, Atlantic City nightclub cocktail waitress works on her feet seven hours a night, five days a week for less than minimum wage in a crowded, smoky nightclub. She lives in an aging, run-down apartment, rides the city bus, and she’s happier than she’s ever been.

    Marcia and Dani have more in common than anyone could imagine. They are the same woman.

    Only Taylor Villanova, the club’s sexy bouncer can help her reconcile her two distinct personas, face her greatest fear and discover a love greater than she’d ever imagined.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have I got a story for you! Several of them, actually.

    Like drama? Check out my TROUBLE DOWN THE ROAD, about the goings-on among the residents of an upper-income Florida neighborhood. Like angst? Check out my ONCE UPON A PROJECT, about a group of friends as they face their 50th birthdays with old conflicts and new challenges. Like romance? Check out my A LOVE FOR ALL SEASONS and SAVE THE BEST FOR LAST.

    All of these stories are available for Kindle, so check them out on Amazon.com and lose yourself in the joy of a good story!

    Bettye Griffin
    www.bettyegriffin.com

    ReplyDelete