Sunday, March 23, 2014

Black Kindle is HAPPY!!!

NUMBER 180
Sorry I did not post yesterday.  I’m trying to post once a week until I get better at posting twice a week.  You already receive enough e-mails, commercials, blogs, etc. to last you a life time.  I don’t wont you to delete my blog because you have so much to read.  So, today, I will try to keep it short and to the point.

Yesterday, I went to work for a few hours and hung out with my BFF - Nadia.  We usually attend lots of function from parties to something someone wants me to support and she comes along with me for the ride and company.  She is just a beautiful woman and any man with a great heart and soul, will worship her forever.  We have not been able to hang out and talk much because I’ve been on road trips, volunteering and drugged up from having lots of dental work done.  Those dentist are expensive as hell, but it has to be done if I’m going to do a video podcast and hopefully get my five minutes on CNN to talk about books.  

We went to the bookstore, ate some great food and saw the movie “Single Moms Club.”   I did not read or hear any good reviews about the movie, but I still wanted to see it to continue my support of movies by African Americans.  We enjoyed it and thought it was cute and not the laugh out loud movies of Tyler Perry’s previous others.  It was very introspective and enjoyable.  Go see it.  Support.  

After the movie, we continue to talk and catch up.  The weather was beautiful and sunny and it was one of the best days I have had in a long time.  Will see her this Saturday, when I run (really I’m walking) in the Book'n It! 5k Fun Run & Walk | ACTIVE to support the Readers 2 Leaders.  You know if it has something to do with getting books into the hands of kids and I will walk any where.  Please pray for me.  I have never been in a race before and today I’m starting my electronic cigarettes to help me stop smoking.  Boy am I going to need some serious praying.

On to BookS:

Ana E Ross - THE MOGUL’S RELUCTANT BRIDE (Billionaire Brides of Granite Falls) (Volume 2) - $3.99 - - - It was not, repeat, not a disappointment.  My but was up until midnight.  Was two hours late for work and cannot, cannot  wait to start on book three.  Ding Dong, Ding Dong!!! I am officially in love with Ms. Ross books.  This was the AWESOME!!!!!  

This is the second book and it starts with a blast.  Kaya is in Granite Falls for the funeral of her sister, whom did she not know about until recently and her sister's husband.  Unfortunately, three kids are left homeless, broke and without parents.  Bryce, a billionaire, arrives to take over raising the kids.  He has known both parents and kids since their birth.  He loves them as if they were his own.  Kaya on the other hand, wants to take them back to her home in Florida to raise.  She also finds out that since there is no insurance money to help her raise the kids, she and Bryce come to a “reluctant” agreement and marry.  For the kids sakes only. 

Eventually the seriousness of their attraction to each other, the intense stares, looks, lust in their eyes is damn more stronger than “HOT,” it is burning up in here.  The hurts and secrets of Kaya’s relationship with her father and sister, the hurts of a death in Bryce’s family as well as the pain and anger of the kids due to their loss, brings them all  together, but it's not going to be easy.  The story plots had me up all night wanting to find out more and more about Bryce and Kaya’s past.  The sexual and romantic erotic flavor is intense. I mean vehemently intense.  Watch out, you are going to get the third and want another and another from this writer.


Ana E Ross - THE PAYBOY’S FUGITIVE BRIDE (Billionaire Brides of Granite Falls) (Volume 3) - $3.99 - - -
I was driving like a bat out hell to hurry home and start reading this book.  My goodness, she did it again.  

Massimo Luciano Andretti.  At this point I should mention that Erik, Bryce and Mass (his nickname) are all very close friends.  Well, Mass has “smooth olive complexion, black, wavy, shoulder-length hair, a wide sensuous mouth and eyes as blue as the Atlantic Ocean,” I like his character “Incredibilmente sensuale calda."  I don't know what it means (I could look it up on Googe), but who cares, it just sounds good coming from Mass.

He hooks up with Nia in an unusual way.  She needs to hide from some shady people and need money.  He has big money and was very available to accommodate her, since he needed a wife to hold on to an inheritance from a family member he has harbor some ill feelings toward.  He also see something in Nia eyes that reminds him of someone who he fell in love with.  "Sure, sure"

Oh, it gets hot between them and right now that's all I'm going to say because if you love romance without the "booty call," "bang, bang shoot them up urban style" and if want an unembellished, honest and a concrete romance story, "come to papa my little ciliegia one, and read this book." This was MIND-BOGGLING!!!!


PAMELA SAMUELS YOUNG - ANYBODY'S DAUGHTER (ANGELA EVANS SERIES NO. 2) - $3.99 - - - I am one of Mrs. Young's biggest fan.  I met her in Houston a few years ago and I knew when I met her that she was one of the best crime/lawyer writer on this plant.  When she took the time to write this book about a young girl kidnapped into the world of sex trafficking, I bet her stomach and head did flip flops. 

Just as mine did when I read this book,  My GOD, it broke my heart over and over again to read about this young girl drama when she meets, what she think is a young boy, on Facebook and he turns out to be a crazy nut job stealing girls.  It is frighteningly heart breaking and this one has a happy ending, but if you know about this horrible business and why it is vital to watch and teach our children, read this book all the way to the end.  You can help save so many girls.  Just freaking gut-wrenching.  The plot is concise, brief and colloquial. 


Got to get one in for Black History Year:

MICHELE ANDREA BOWEN - CHURCH FOLK - $5.69 - - - 
This is a true black classic.  Since I was in the romance mood, and heartbroken with the sex trafficking deal, I went back and re-read this book.  It still reminds me of Peyton Place for Black folks (For those of you who do not know Peyton Place, see the movie with Lana Tuner it is a classic, at least that's what I thought at the time I read it the first time.

Essie Lee Lane marries a good preacher. A man who has to deal with sex, greed, politics and bad behavior of the members of the Greater Hope Gospel United Church (Long name I know!). You know how we are in church and Bowen’s writing puts it out there for all to see and hear.  A pretty funny book too!











No comments:

Post a Comment