Sunday, June 16, 2013

Black Kindle - Another Book Fair

I was off work for a few days again and I volunteered for another fabulous book sale at the Charleston County Friends of the Library Book Sale.  I always have a good time putting the books in author order, talking to our customers to persuade them to join the Friends of the library for $20.00 a year and buy lots of books other than the ones they were looking for.  

Remember I told you, I'm the one the staff tell the customers to see me if they are looking for a particular book.  The sale started Thursday night and ends today, four days of fun.  There is no other place in the whole wide world I want to be is hanging out at libraries, bookstores or sitting outside (the weather has been so beautiful), with a glass of wine or coffee and 5 or more books to feel, read, smell, and enjoy.  I am blessed beyond blessed.  So many books, so little time and so little money, but this sale has books for one to three dollars.  I didn't even go over my budget.  Dave Ramsey would be proud of me.!!!  

On Saturday night, my Book Club Groupies meet for our monthly meeting.  I set it up this month and asked that since we have not meet on a regular in the last three months, let's just talk about books we have read.  Just about all showed up, and a new member.  We went to a new Sushi place that opened a month ago in my neighborhood.  Instead of driving, I walked there.  I don't know why I don't walk more to the grocery store or library, they are so close.  I think I will start that.  I've walked Tommy my dog just as far, so I might as well keep walking to other places.  Here are all of the books I brought at the sale.  Some to give away and some to read over and over again.  Boy, am I a happy camper!!!

You Don't Even Know Me

The Education of Mary: A Little Miss of Color, 1832

The Boleyn Inheritance
She is my daughter's favorite author.
The Kite Runner
I got his newest book as a gift.  I wanted to go back and re-read his other two:

And the Mountains Echoed: A Novel
A Thousand Splendid Suns

















Porch Lies: Tales of Slicksters, Tricksters, and other Wily Characters

Sisters & Lovers
One of my favorite of her is P. G. County.
Reminds me of DC, my home.


No Higher Honor: A Memoir of My Years in Washington
I'm reading all of the current and former Secretary's of State biographies.


Silent Thunder

Africans in America: America's Journey through Slavery

From Slavery to Freedom: A History of African Americans
I remember this book from my college days and
I still have my copy.
Giving it as a gift.  Great book!

iPad 2 For Seniors For Dummies
Hey, we all need help!


A Love of My Own
Harris died a few years ago, but all of his books, especially his first one, INVISIBLE LIFE: A NOVEL - Invisible Life: A Novel is to this day considered classics and always will be.



The Bibliophile's Devotional: 365 Days of Literary Classics
Amazon has it to read for free if you have a prime account


All I Did Was Shoot My Man (Leonid Mcgill Mysteries)


Our Daily Bread Devotional Journal
I will always need something to keep my faith and stay positive

The Atlas of Literature
It is a beautiful book and I'm really enjoying it!

I think that's enough, don't you?




No comments:

Post a Comment