Thursday, June 14, 2012

They're at it again, Part Time Job at the Asylum


NUMBER 122
Since I was having my blog reviewed before I post it.  Yep, I do give it to someone to edit to be sure I’m not screwing up, when I returned to work on Saturday and you know “ “Part Time Job at the Asylum” continued like no other.
Gail was fired, this time she was fired.  I got to the store Saturday and saw her standing in front of the store dressed in a pair of white cut off short, shorts.  A thin white blouse, under which was a bright blue bra, with a lit cigarette dangling in her hand, while her hands were flying up and down, cussing and fussing about something.  When I got closer, I thought she was fussing at Joyce and Carol.  
Joyce, a big young girl, about 20, who is always happy and very nice to the customers.  Carol, young and dumb, there is no other way to say it.  I can’t understand her much because she talks fast and Geechee.  No offense to “Geechee” folks, but sometimes I just don’t understand what they are saying and I’m always asking them to repeat themselves.  She is such a pretty girl with a beautiful shape and nice, but she is one of those young people who don’t care about nothing except partying, hanging out with friends and talking/texting/posting on the phone.  She barely graduated from high school and dropped out of college the first semester.  She is also very lazy and someone is always telling her to get off of the phone and do some work.  
When I got closer to the front of the store, Gail screamed, “that bitch fired me!”  I thought it was a joke and ask the other girls.  They both nodded that it was true.  Gail continue to fuss and cuss, but I told her to calm down and tell me what happen. She just continue to cuss and fuss.  I continue to ask her to go home and cal me later since she wouldn't calm down.  No, that’s not what you might to someone in that position, but I didn’t know what else to say since I had to clock in at work.  I clocked in and walked back out front to check on Gail.  A few seconds later, Kat’s (the manager) daughter walked, and Gail said, “Oh, she told her stupid ass daughter to come in, huh!, well, I can kick her ass too!!!
“Hold up, Gail, you ain’t doing nothing but going home and stop fussing and cussing, it’s not doing you no good,” I said.  She ignored me.  Joyce and Carol left, since it was the end of their shift, and I went back in to start working.  Gail continue to come in and out of the store and at one point asked me to give her a large sweet tea.  I did and told her I will talk to her later, hoping she would leave the store.  While Kat was also up front closing out the early morning registers for the second shift and her daughter still sitting in the lobby, I went to the back to start working.  I came back up front a few minutes later to see Gail still standing outside the store smoking and fussing.  I then saw Kat’s daughter standing at the entrance to our registers and asked how she was doing and why is she just standing there and not coming in, she says, “I’m just watching my mom to be sure no shit get’s started, because I will finish it.”  That was it, I’m was done.  I ignored the remark and move the subject along by asking her about her time in juvenile detention, OK, I didn’t say those exact words, so I was nice, this time!! and how was she doing now, then proceeded to make a joke or two to her and her mom.  I was just hoping to diffused the situation, while Gail was still outside the store fussing and cussing and Kat, shaking a little; her daughter, looking like she was ready to fight and me, standing there thinking,  “Damn, I can’t go a whole got damn week without some crap happening at this store?”  The devil is having good time, a ding-dong good time.  The old sucker!
Oh, this story ain’t finished, It took a few hours later before I got the full story from the sister of Gail.   I got to leave now, I’m volunteering at the book fair this weekend and I’m late already, so on to books:

You want to read more drama, then really read ROBERT K.MASSIE - CATHERINE THE GREAT: PORTRAIT OF A WOMAN - $17.99 - I’m still reading it, but the players are the same, CRAZY!  Sophia, who became Catherine the Great, had a diva for a mother, loving father, converted from Lutheran to Eastern Orthodoxy, against her father objections.  Thus the name changed from Sopia to Catherine.  Married a drunken, good for nothing, war obsessed nut, who looked like a girl with bright red lipstick and no backbone.  His aunt was a known slut who took him in and had set up the marriage, in order for her to take control of Russia.  After his parents death, he was left schooled by a man who resembles the nurse from “One flew over the cuckoo’s nests.”  Nurse Ratched, a woman more dictator than nurse.  Come on, drama from 18 century Russia.  I’m enjoying the hell out of it and can’t wait to finish it and I'm only on page 55 or a 600 page book.  Whoa, momma!!
I’m was working at the library again this week when I picked up - VICTORIA CHRISTOPHER MURRAY - JOY - $6.99 - - - I knew she wrote lots of books and I also know I missed some of them.  I’m reading SINNERS & SAINTS - $9.99 and just brought DESTINY’S DIVA’S - $9.99 - I am hooked on this writer and I need more.  I’m reading all of them at the same time so that I can catch up, but then saw JOY at the library.  What is my problem!!! I need help
Destiny’s Divas - Reminds of Sparkle.  The movie is coming out in August with Whitney Houston.  Sierra, Raine, and Liza are Destiny’s Divas, a fresh, new gospel group whose unique blend of singing and testifying has gained them fans across the country. They tell the world about how good God has been to them, but off-stage, each is living a life totally opposite to what she preaches—and each is harboring a secret that could ruin them all.
Twenty-something Sierra Dixon speaks about the joy of being single and celibate, though she is anything but, drifting from one relationship to another. Although she stresses the importance of unconditional love within the family, Raine Omari has hit her breaking point with her mother-in-law and is ready to take drastic steps. And when Liza Washington discovers that her pastor-husband is in the middle of a scandal that could bring down more than just their ministry, she knows she must do something to stop him. One fateful evening their secrets are exposed, and one diva commits an act that could land her in prison for the rest of her life.

Sinners & Saints - Jasmine Larson Bush and Rachel Jackson Adams are not your typical first ladies. But they’ve overcome their scandalous and drama-filled pasts to stand firmly by their husbands’ sides.  You see, I need to catch up that’s why I’m trying read all hers and ReShonda Tate Billingsley books.  

When a coveted position opens up, president of the American Baptist Coalition, both women think their husbands are perfect for the job. And winning the position may require both women to get down and dirty and revert to their old tricks. Just when Jasmine and Rachel think they’re going to have to fight to the finish, the current first lady of the coalition steps in, a woman bigger, badder, and more devious than either of them.
Joy - Anya Mitchell seems to have it all: a thriving business, a large diamond on her left hand and a solid relationship with the Lord. But her life is not as perfect as it seems. Her hunky fiancé‚ Braxton, turns out to be self-absorbed and faintly conniving. He files for custody of his son from a previous marriage without telling Anya, and then tries to persuade her to sell her business and be a stay-at-home mom once they wed. Adding to Anya's nagging doubts about Braxton is David, a charming (and single) financial whiz whom Anya has just hired. When Anya is attacked by a rapist who's been stalking her for months, she realizes she needs to rethink her life. Should she marry Braxton or pay attention to the inner voice that has been telling her for weeks that their relationship is unsalvageable? The plot is predictable; most readers will figure out the identity of the stalker pages before Anya is raped, just as most will predict that she'll dump Braxton for David. And the subplot a visit from Anya's recently divorced cousin Sasha doesn't add much. Anya spends most of the book trying to bring Sasha to faith, but Sasha's sudden conversion at the story's end manages to seem simultaneously inexplicable and predictable. 


Got to mention another of my “facebook” author friends, JUSTIN AMEN FLOYD - ANYTHING 4 PROFIT - $2.99 and ANYTHING FOR PROFIT 2: NOTHING TO LOSE - - - Since we (at least I am) are in the drama mode, I’m going to give Justin props.  It’s street lit, but do not be fooled.  

The story is honest, rich, funny and I did not finish reading it when I saw I had about 5 pages to go.  I stopped to think and regroup.  Why, you know my part time job in the asylum is nuts, but this book remind me about them and how they live day to day in one of the worse disastacle economy and children not being raised right.  It has all of the drama any book has and I hope a message that people will adhere to.  Reminds me of a good mystery, not too stale and will keep you going back. 

SHAWNEDA MARKS - MY TRUE ESSENCE (CHRISTIAN FICTION) - FREE - - - I just got this from my e-mail listing of free books.  Since all this talk of drama, need something to bring me back to life.  
Rebecca has everything she ever prayed for and more, and is living like she doesn't care if she loses it all. Dani's business is thriving and her faith is strong. Her diagnosis will expose her own insecurities and life's truth. Jenessa epitomizes the definition of a strong woman. A routine doctor's visit forces her to confront the genetic cloud that has hovered over her since childhood.
Got to get one in for Black History Year
RICKEY HOOD - IN DUE SEASON - FREE - - -   In Due Season is a collection of poetry and prose that reflects the life experience of a man that has struggled and made peace with his faith, sexual orientation, and loss of loved ones. This work is a holistic view of life; the bad, the good, and the lovely. The essay “The Mountain before Us” speaks of the life of African- American writers and the African- American readership. How the two are in disconnect till the larger audience gives its approval. The poems in section one encompasses political and social themes giving voice in such poems as “Dreams and Reality”, “Sing, Freedom, and I saw it filled with roses and butterflies.”
The essay “Legitimate Discourse” on gay relationships in the black community is a thoughtful examination of gay life in black culture. It examines family relations, personal struggle, why men are on the Down Low, spiritual/religious struggles, and acceptance or rejection of their sexual nature(s). It is an essay that shows how being an African- American man and gay can be complicated. Part 2 has a collection of traditional love poetry. Such poems as”… And I loved you”, “Just the thought of you”, and “Smile”, these poems are well crafted and multi-layered with meaning that will satisfy and entertain. These are the type of poems you would love to read to your loved one. 

Part 3, the essay “Quest for God” starts in the 1980’s during the height of the televangelist movement and tracks my spiritual life into the new century. The essay “Christian Gnosticism in Islamic Theology” is a scholarly critique on the symbiotic relationship of Islam and past Christian beliefs found in the Gnostic scriptures. Quest for God’s group of poems is meant to express words of praise and joy to God, our Creator. 

No comments:

Post a Comment