Sunday, July 25, 2010

Late with the Blog



Number 15

There is no excuse for me not updating my Blog since July 20 and I am sorry for the delay. It started as a good work week, until all hell broke loose and I worked 9 days, 12 hours straight. I was out of it until I got to church Sunday morning and received a great blessing. I am blessed. I looked at the crap going around me and said to myself, “I ain’t got no got damn issues.” Sure I’m broke like everyone else. I’m living from pay check to pay check. I got bills on top of bills, but I got GOD and nobody can take that away. My kid, mother, ex-hubby and friends are doing as well as can be expected. Everyone I know has a job (Even though it is never enough money), you got a job. You got a job!!!

Let’s get to the free books first:

LESLIE KELLY
SLOW HANDS – FREE

RaeANNE THAYNE
DANCING IN THE MOOLIGHT – FREE

Now for the regular books, but with cheap prices:

DONNA HILL
AN ORDINARY WOMEN: A NOVEL - $9.99
Donna Hill is one of those writers who keeps you wondering if there is a good ending then turns around and socks it to you. All of her books are written the same way, but that’s a good thing. You never know what comes around the corner. Ross and Asha satisfied their needs until it’s too late. Friends and lovers do get back together, but it’s never the same. Other books by her:

IF I WERE YOU WOMAN - $4.32
AFTER DARY - $4.32
LOVE BECOMES HER - $3.85
THROUGH THE FIRE – $4.50
A PRIVATE AFFAIR - $5.04

PIECES OF DREAMS - $4.82
I brought this one. (I did like the cover). Maxine got dumped by Quinten years ago. They both have gone thru some hard times while separated, but now Quinten is back. Maxine got a good man and a secret that binds her and Quinten (I betcha it’s a baby, but I could be wrong). Will she go back to him or stay with the current guy? Here are others by her:
A PRIVATE AFFAIR – 5.04
LONGING AND LIES - $4.03
TEMPTATION AND LIES - $3.64
PRIZE OF A LIFETIME - $2.21

ALIYAH BURKE
AN UNLIKELY ENCOUNTER - $2.39
Ah!! Shucks now!! Sex in the bathroom with a man at the airport. She thinks after that she will never see him again and then you do. This time though, he wants it permanent. Girl, I’m getting this one!

ALICE WILSON-FRIED
OUTSIDE CHILD - $2.46
Before Katrina New Orleans, this is a mystery in the world of native born New Orleans blacks, their communities and their abilities to succeed in their city. Alice takes readers on a tour of a place and society that has raised questions and enlivened curiosity since the devastation of Hurricane Katrina. An “outside child” is one born a married man and unmarried woman; we’ve heard that one before.

NIOBIA BRYANT
MESSAGE FROM A MISTRESS - $8.96
A review from Amazon, “Through good times and bad, longtime friends Jaime, Renee, Aria, and Jessa have shared just about everything. But all hell breaks loose when Jessa texts them a shocking revelation: she's been sharing her bed-with one of their husbands. To make matters worse, she refuses to name which husband she's been cheating with. And all three wives have reason to worry....”

Niobia Bryant was born and raised in Newark. She writes romance, fiction and Urban fiction under the name of Meesha Mink. Here’s a quote from her, "The stories about inner cities needs to be as diverse as the people who live in these environments. Growing up on 16th Ave in Newark all my life, I know in a one block radius you could either have a single mother or a married couple raising their family, dope dealers or people working forty hours a week, a homeowner or someone renting a low income apartment. For me, urban fiction isn’t about glorifying the negatives in the ‘hood, but simply telling the real stories that do exist. As a writer and a reader I can always respect the gift of storytelling of ALL stories.” Other books by her:

LIVE AND LEARN - $3.99
HOT LIKE FIRE (Dafina Contemporary Romance) - $5.59
MAKE YOU MINE - $4.75

No comments:

Post a Comment